Automotive Service Writer
Dealer Service Alternative is looking for an experienced Bilingual Spanish/English Automotive Service Advisor.
Family owned established German automotive repair facility with great dynamics and friendly environment. The owner is an advisor and technician, so he knows what it takes to provide an awesome work environment.
The job will require evaluation of customer’s needs, building a relationship with each guest, and working with fellow advisors and technician to prioritize the workload.
“Dealer Quality Service at a Friendly Price!” Is our promise. (Tell me on the interview what this will mean to you)
Automotive Service Writer Advisor Job Responsibilities:
- •Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested.
- •Verifies warranty and service contract coverage, developing estimates, writing repair orders, and maintaining customer rapport and records.
- •Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms, clarifying description of problems, conducting inspections, taking test drives, checking vehicle maintenance records, and examining service schedules.
- •Build estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor.
- •Calculates customer’s payment, including deductibles.
- •Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required.
- •Obtains approval signatures and enters RO into service database system.
- •Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle, obtaining customer’s approval of estimates, obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers, answering questions and concerns, and arranging towing an temporary transportation.
- •Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- •Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading manufacturers’ publications.
- •Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- •Maintain a team environment with technicians, suppliers, and other service advisors.
- •Availability to work Saturdays
Balanced work/time off schedule. Paid vacation. Accident insurance. Paid Holidays. Family work environment. Base pay plus commission.
Automotive Service Writer Advisor Qualifications / Skills:
- •Equipment Maintenance
- •Problem solving
- •Reporting research results
- •Quality focus
- •Estimating experience preferred
- •Able to pass background, driver’s license check and drug test
- •2 years Customer Service Experience (Automotive related preferred)
- •Safety management
- •Clean cut and well groomed (must look professional)
- •Bilingual English/Spanish desired
- •Articulated and well spoken
Education and Experience Requirements:
- •High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- •Experience or certification with specific manufacturer is a bonus
- •Computer and point-of-sale proficiency
- •Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Pay will based on salary with possibility of commission after 90 days.