Dealer Quality Volkswagen Services and Maintenance
What is the service history of your volkswagen? Did you buy it used? The maintenance schedule needs to be followed to ensure trouble-free operation. Let us help you keep up with your German vehicle’s maintenance to provide years of excitement and enjoyment.
Your Volkswagen takes care of you so it is only right to take care of it. At Dealer Service Alternative, we are confident that you and your Volkswagen will find a home here that offers “Dealer Quality Service at a Friendly Price.”
Every Volkswagen has a service schedule designed by the manufactures to give you years of enjoyment so it is imperative to follow it.
Items such as timing belts are often neglected on these vehicles due to cost. We want you to understand two important points regarding timing belts: Number one, we at Dealer Service Alternative offer “Dealer Quality Service at a Friendly Price”. This means that we will save you money without compromising on quality. Number two, if the belt breaks, the injury to the engine will be severe and around $2500 and up to repair damages.
We know your Volkswagen because it’s what we do all day and every day. Regular maintenance allows your mechanic to check and service your tires, rims, suspension, and ensure electrical systems are checked and in good working order; these are all part of a standard service.
Here at DSA, we will use only the oils approved by Volkswagen in your vehicle and not any other kind.
There are other services your Volkswagen needs that non-specialty shops may not be aware of: cabin filter changes, brake fluid flushes (one of the most misunderstood services in the industry), transmission services (people get confused with what “lifetime fill” means), spark plugs (not at 100,000 miles like before), and carbon build up prevention are some of the services that, being so important, are too often forgotten. Further, add the expertise and equipment to reset the service memory in the computer systems of your vehicle and you can understand the importance of letting the best work on your Volkswagen.
We will look at your vehicle’s needs by year and model and will perform the maintenance as required.
Common Problems with Volkwagen Vehicles
Just like the other cars that we see, there are some more common repairs that we have over others. More often than not, we get calls about timing belts, water pumps, and vacuum pumps on our client’s Volkswagen vehicles. It’s unfortunate that these problems seem to be so common, but we know that our technicians are more than prepared and trained to repair your vehicle to manufacturer standards at a fraction of the cost. Don’t let any of these issues weigh you down and prevent you from enjoying your car.
These are some of the service items we can perform for you:
- Engine oil – change oil and replace filter
- Wiper/Washer/Headlight Washer – check adjustment and function, add fluid if necessary
- Tires and SPARE! – Check for wear and damage, check pressure. Yes, we do check the spare unlike many other facilities!
- Reset service reminder display
- Brake system performance – check for damage, leaks, pad thickness, etc.
- Cooling system – check level, add if necessary flush system
- Check Engine diagnostics – check fault memory
- Check for leaks in engine compartment
- Electronic battery and charging system check
- Inspect or change cabin filter
- Transmission fluid and leak checks
- Sunroof drains – open sunroof to check front water drain
- Plenum Panel – remove cover to plenum panel to check water drains and clean
- Check all lights
- Spark plugs – replace as needed by year and model
- Timing belt – replace as needed
- Brake fluid – replace every 2 years regardless of mileage
- Water Pump Repair